Aviva is a leading provider of general insurance products in Europe (including the UK) with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurance group. In the UK motor insurance market, Aviva have a significant market share with their motor claims being managed through an authorised repair network of over 450 garages in the UK.
Vehicle Claims Management
Developing an integrated process for authorising and tracking vehicle repairs is a complex business and therefore any software application that can make this process as transparent as possible will deliver significant benefits to all parties involved. There are many user groups involved in delivering an efficient claims management service to policyholders including several Aviva departments, the authorised repairer, vehicle hire companies and, most importantly, the policyholders themselves. All these people need access to information in a timely manner.
Adactus designed, built and now support and maintain a system called Aviva IVM. This system enables Aviva to manage all the vehicles in the repair process across their vehicle repair network. It allows them to:
- easily identify which of their authorised repairers is close by
- intelligently assign new repairs based on repairer capacity, proximity and complexity of the work required
- understand the available capacity (and hence lead times) for their repairer network
- quickly dispatch instructions for repair commencement
- track the status of estimates and repairs through the claim process
- manage escalation and notes across multiple parties to ensure high levels of the customer experience
- provide integration into other Aviva and third-party systems.
Understanding customer satisfaction resulting from the claim and repair process is critical in securing insurance renewals from policyholders and provides a highly effective tool for managing the supply chain. Each month all Aviva claims are loaded in the Adactus CSI tool and a sample across the fulfilment suppliers are earmarked for survey. The results are collected by a highly trained outbound call centre partner and collated into meaningful analysis to assess overall customer satisfaction with the supplier base.
The Adactus CSI system is a web-based portal for customers, suppliers and call centre users. The Adactus CSI system:
- provides a transparent portal for all user groups to view current satisfaction scores and drill down into individual surveys for each supplier
- can be used across all general insurance sectors (motor, household, legal) to deliver comparison
- provides escalations to Aviva and suppliers to ensure rectification work is addressed immediately
- creates a scorecard for each supplier that can be used to manage the supply chain
- delivers numerous reports on overall and supplier performance including trends analysis.
Why Choose Adactus?
Aviva wanted a system up and going quickly and therefore looked to leverage the Adactus experience and developments from previous insurance projects. Adactus worked quickly to:
- leverage their existing experience in the insurance sector
- commit to get the system released in as short a time frame as possible
- interpret the requirements and deliver a pragmatic solution to the problem.
This system now manages hundreds of thousands of repairs per annum and is an integral part of Aviva's overall claims management process.